Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Scouts: Do They Make The Cut?

I've been torn as to whether or not to include wolf scouts in my list. First of all, there are no models for them, so anything I do will have to be converted up. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, I've had a tough time justifying them thematically - are they Khorne-y (Khorne-ish? Khorne-esque?) enough?

I've hemmed and hawed the last couple of days over them, but I've finally decided to include them. I'm already going to be limiting this army a fair bit by so strictly limiting any long range firepower. To leave out scouts as well would remove the only sneaky option I have available. I mean, I want to keep this army fluffy, but I don't exactly want to allow all comers to walk over me either.


Thematic justifications aside, however, the thing that tipped the scales was that I found the base model for the unit: Forgeworld's Renegade Militia Enforcers. The look sort of like scouts, and they have a skull helmet that quite closely matches that worn by the berzerkers. I'll probably pick up the Renegade Weapon Arm set as well, so that I can get the poses and weapon load-out I want.

I'm glad that's sorted out... now I've got to figure out what my army list is going to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment